CLIENT

STORY

CatchBEE is a mobile app concept that helps Beekeepers to track their hives. Users can track the location of any hive, and take an immediate action in case of any unusual activity. The problem is that a lot of hives have been stolen in the area of Irbid, Jordan and beekeepers were frustrated to know why this is happening and how to know who is behind. The project focuses on User Research, Interviews, creating Personas, User Flow, Identifying Requirements, with low and high fidelity prototypes.

For more details you may test the high-fidelity prototype on Invision.

ROLES

UX/UI Designer, Interaction Designer.

DURATION

Three weeks.

TOOLS

Adobe Illustrator
Sketch
Invision App
Flinto Prototyping tool





USER RESEARCH

Gathering insights & Mapping data out

I conducted User Interviews with three beekeepers. Average Duration for each interview was 30 minutes. .

Interviews with three beekeepers

USER RESEARCH

Mapping data out

Here, I took the pattern detected, mapped the data using Empathy Map and created a Persona along with In depth User Description.

Steps before the Persona
Empathy Map
Persona

DEFINE

Jobs to be done

I wanted to focus on the top requirements, this will help me later to structure the visual hierarchy of CatchBee based on what concerns  user the most.

Let`s get this job done.


SOLUTION

Into designer's language

By connecting hives with GoogleMaps, users then can use catchBEE  to track any activity, getting notifications, and take immediate actions.

USER FLOW

Interactions & Touch points

I sketched out a user flow chart to illustrate how users interact with the app.

An example  for the job, Getting Notifications

STORYBOARD

Creating A Scenario


I created two scenarios on a Storyboard to illustrate how a Beekeeper will interact with the mobile app. Both scenarios describe solution, context, environment, and external factors.

Before CatchBEE
After CatchBEE

DESIGN

Wireframe & First MVP

I created wireframes to build an understanding of the visual hierarchy of CatchBEE, then tested a low fidelity prototype with the users.

Checking hives
Detecting a missing hive

TESTING

Testing & Second iteration

Users were not pleased with the first MVP so I iterated the changes on high fidelity prototype.


Checking hives
Detecting a missing hive

FINAL THOUGHTS

What I learned

I have enjoyed the Design part the most I also enjoyed the research part since I was interacting directly with the users.The less part I enjoyed is the Ideation one because I was biased with UI patterns I am already familiar with and there was no actual team to brainstorm with.

 UX CASE STUDY

REDGATE
DASHBOARD
RE-DESIGN

 UI DESIGN

HUMOR STORY
BEHIND
DESIGN THINKING

 UX CASE STUDY

MY
PORTFOLIO'S
STORY

RAFAT ALKHATEEB
ux designer

WORKABOUT

Catchbee Mobileapp

Portfolio's
Story

REDGATE
Dashboard

ABOUT